All Hincapie Sportswear products are warranted to the original owner against manufacturers’ defects in materials and workmanship up to 1 year after original purchase date. Within that time frame, if a product fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will evaluate the item on a case by case basis to decide if it is eligible for repair or replacement, at no cost to the customer. If you have purchased a Hincapie Sportswear item at one of our many retailers, please handle your warranty directly with that shop. Hincapie Sportswear will not be able to issue a warranty RA if we do not have proof of purchase in our records.
What will we warranty within the warranty time frame?
- Chamois Insert comes unstitched
- Zipper breaks
- Thread breaks-in most cases we can repair, but not every case
Garments returned for warranty inspection must be cleaned. If they are not clean upon receiving, the garments will be sent back and the customer will forfeit their warranty rights.
Steps to acquire a Warranty Return Authorization:
- Call Hincapie Sportswear (864) 400-3040 to receive your Warranty RA #. You will receive an email confirmation that same day with your RA #. Please print off the Return Authorization Form (link) to enclose with your shipment. Please have your Sales Invoice # available when calling. We may ask for supporting photos for your warranty claim.
- Enclose the Return Form and the merchandise in a well-sealed box. Upon receipt your item will be reviewed and determination will be made if the issue is a manufacturers’ defect.
- Upon confirmation of warranty you will be sent a replacement product or like product at no charge to you. In some cases of stitching defects we will have your item repaired and sent back to you at no charge.
Potential problems with your Hincapie Apparel and our advice to avoid:
We aim to produce the best cycling apparel in the world. Due to normal wear & tear, our products will not last forever, nor do we guarantee that they will. Below are a few potential problems that we have seen over the years. We recommend the below advice for avoiding any damage to your Hincapie Apparel since none of these issues will be covered by our Warranty Policy.
- Logo Peeling Off- This can happen if the garment is subject to improper wash care. Placing your Hincapie Apparel in the dryer will significantly reduce the longevity of the logos. Make sure to line dry or lay flat to dry all of our Hincapie Apparel and do NOT use fabric softener.
- Fabric Pilling- Fabric pilling does not occur from manufacturing defect. It is a result of abrasion, always. Please do not use embroidered saddles with Hincapie Apparel. Make sure the Velcro on your saddle bag does not directly come into contact with your shorts, as this will lead to piling. Make sure not to wash with any Velcro items (i.e. glove, shoe covers, etc.).
- Ink Bleeding- Inks may bleed slightly, therefore before riding please wash garments in cold water and line dry to remove any bleeding effects.
- Fabric Deterioration – Fabric will wear over time, especially with the components of sweat that naturally break down fabrics. We recommend that you wash your Hincapie Apparel very quickly after use and make sure to store in an area that is free of excess moisture.