All Hincapie products are under warranty to the original owner against manufacturing defects in materials and craftsmanship up to one year after the original purchase date. Within that time frame, if a product fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will evaluate the item on a case-by-case basis to determine if it is eligible for repair or replacement at no cost to the customer. Hincapie will not issue a warranty return authorization (RA) if we do not have proof of purchase in our records.
What will we warranty within the warranty timeframe?
- Chamois Insert comes unstitched
- Zipper breaks
- Thread breaks (In most cases, we can repair them.)
Garments returned for warranty inspection must be clean. If they are not clean upon receiving, we will send the garments back, and the customer will forfeit their warranty rights.
Steps to acquire a Warranty Return Authorization:
- Call Hincapie Sportswear at (866) 359-4796 to receive your Warranty RA number. Please have your order number available when calling. We may ask for supporting photos for your warranty claim. You will receive an email confirmation that same day with your RA #.
- Use this link to create a prepaid FedEx return label. The label will be emailed to you to print at home.
- Upon receipt of your package, we will review your item and determine if the issue is a manufacturer’s defect. If the item is defective, we will send you a replacement or similar product at no charge. In some cases of stitching defects, we will repair your item and return it to you at no charge.
Potential problems with your Hincapie Apparel — and how to avoid them:
We aim to produce the best cycling apparel in the world. Due to normal wear and tear, our products will not last forever, nor do we guarantee that they will. Below are several problems that we have seen over the years.
- Logo Peeling Off: This can happen if the garment is treated improperly. Placing your Hincapie apparel in the dryer will significantly reduce the longevity of the heat-transfer logos. Be sure to line dry or flat dry all of our Hincapie apparel, and do not use fabric softener.
- Fabric Pilling: Fabric pilling does not occur from manufacturing defects. It is a result of abrasion—against your saddlebag, against the side of the pool, or even against hook-and-loop closure on items like gloves that were in the wash cycle. Please do not use embroidered saddles with Hincapie apparel. Make sure the velcro on your saddle bag does not come into direct contact with your shorts, as this will lead to piling. Also, be careful not to wash with any items with velcro (gloves, shoe covers, etc.).
- Ink Bleeding: Inks may bleed slightly; therefore, please wash garments in cold water and line dry to remove any bleeding effects before riding.
- Fabric Deterioration: Fabric will wear over time, especially with the components of sweat that naturally break down fabrics. We recommend washing your Hincapie apparel immediately after each use and storing it in an area free of excess moisture.
Click here to find a detailed care guide for your Hincapie apparel, and follow the advice above to avoid any damage to your garments since none of these issues will be covered by our Warranty Policy.